It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Awesome
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:43 am 

dead_sun wrote:
Wow! Excellent job N6; A friend and I actually thought about using phpBB @ work for a messaging system between raw materials and manufacturing(that is before my friend got canned), looks nice. Very good idea with unifing the whole thing under one URL;please put in my vote for www.redeemerinsanity.com, and pray to <insert deity here> that we never get slashdotted! I would like to move the server browser page to here, just to further consolidate things.Once again, thank you for your time and hard work!
DS

DS,

you got you wish: redeemerinsanity it is.

No problem with the server browser. I setup a simple site on www.redeemerinsanity.com. We just have to flesh it out...

N6

Post subject: sweeeeeet
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:46 am 

Lookin good N6. I think I'm going to have to go in and fix some of the pages so we don't get the horizontal scrolling bar. Or if you just make that frame on the left a weee bit smaller that may do the trick. If not, let me know and I'll adjust the pages a bit. looks really good though. In the immortal words of Jim Carrey: "I like it. I like it alot."

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:10 am 

Location: atop the watch tower on Phobos Moon (North Carolina)
??

checked www.redeemerinsanity.com and clicked on the BBS link, and it took me to what looks like an older version of this forum. is that normal?

- clemmentine / |clem|11DE784A

Post subject: Re: sweeeeeet
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:34 pm 

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
Lookin good N6. I think I'm going to have to go in and fix some of the pages so we don't get the horizontal scrolling bar. Or if you just make that frame on the left a weee bit smaller that may do the trick. If not, let me know and I'll adjust the pages a bit. looks really good though. In the immortal words of Jim Carrey: "I like it. I like it alot."

I can try to fix the page. I am going to give you some access to the server though. Then you can make all neccessary changes quickly.

N6

Post subject: Re: ?
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:36 pm 

clemmentine wrote:
??

checked www.redeemerinsanity.com and clicked on the BBS link, and it took me to what looks like an older version of this forum. is that normal?

- clemmentine / |clem|11DE784A

Hi Clem,

yes it is normal. We are ealing with two machines. The N6NU.ORG is at home and www.redeemerinsanity.com is at my co-location. I can transfer the content over, but then we have to shut down the old BBS.

I need a short PHP file that forwards users from www.n6nu.org/phpBB2 over to www.redeemerinsanity.com/bbs

Good thing is that the domain name works already

N6

Post subject: www.redeemerinsanity.com is life!
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:02 pm 

Hi all,

looks like we can now use www.redeemerinsanity.com/bbs

I created a redirection link from the www.n6nu.org/phpBB2 URL and it should be transparent to the user.

The BBS is now running in my co-location and it should much faster.

Well, the website is next ...

N6

Post subject: Categorization
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Just a quick suggestion for the various categories.

1. I'm glad R.U. is out of miscellaneous. "Redeemer University" is an area where it would make sense to place Jarg's "Strategy Class" (and the Strategy Roundtable). I think the "Office of the Registrar" (Bio's) and "The Yearbook" could also fall neatly into this area.

2. Screencaps should have its own area, because it is a section that will keep growing. Looking at it is like reading the Sunday comics.

3. NM's work on "Redeemer Arenas" can be combined with DeadSun's utwatcher site into one section.

I'm looking at this, and the order of the links to the areas displayed, if done in the vertical format, should probably put the link to the forum at the top, followed up #3 (where to play the game and who is online), followed by #2, then lastly RU.

Just a couple cents.

Post subject: Right on
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:45 pm 

I think I may have gotten the site squared away on the size of the main frame issue is concerned. As it turns out the browser I use (Camino) has issues with frames. Whenever I refresh the page it brings me back to the index html rather then refreshing the frame that i am on. Hopefully this is rectified on the next update because this browser is awesome otherwise. Anyway i reworked the size of the content in a couple of pages and previewed it in I.E. and all is well. If there are still issues with the horizontal scroll bar showing up here all you have to do is adjust the border(Drag it to the left) between this forum and the site itself.
Mah those Ideas sound great. I was really just keeping the list the same for the simple reason that I didint want to leave to much dead space in the navigation frame. I think incorporating the yearbook, bios & strategies under R.U.(Not to be confused with Rutgers Univ.) is a smart idea.
By the way. Is everyone cool with the new format or did we like the old format for the site better.

Post subject: Updating
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:48 pm 

Almost forgot to answer you N6. That sounds great as far as access to updating the site. Let me know how you wanna work it. If you wanna keep it the way it is now thats cool to.

Post subject: doh.
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:54 pm 

May have to rework all the bio pages. I think there all gonna be to wide to view from here. Ugh :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Instead of reworking the page for width, why not put the navigation bar back down at the bottom? Seems like less work with virtually the same result. And the truth is, women like width better than they do height (this is coming from a short guy).

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

never mind what I just said -- I just had a look at RU and it looks great! Much cleaner than before.

Great job, NM.

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:33 am 

Yeah Mah I actually reworked it so as to fit when posted here with BBS. I sent N6 the site last night and he posted the whole thing with out BBS menu off to the side so it looks like the width thing wont be and an issue anyhow. The forum link brings you to this forum rather then SRA which makes more sense considering it looks like N6 is hosting the site. Nice touch N6. Did you go in and manuallly change the HTML or do u have friends at macromedia to. :wink: I'll be changing the Navbar so the order makes a little more sense. Not sure if i wanna lump RU, bios and tricks just yet because the nav bar will be one big empty void. Which may be a good reason to go with the old layout. That and we have lots of work to do as far as the hints page. If everyone likes the oold style of navigating the site let me know and I'll send N6 the original layout.
Anyway it looks awesome N6. Everything really works well together.

Post subject: I updated the files
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:40 am 

NM,

I updateted files that you sent as of 5-18-03 10:35am. Maybe we can continue this thread in the collaboration forum...

Great work NM!

N6

Post subject: Re: Yeah
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:46 am 

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
The forum link brings you to this forum rather then SRA which makes more sense considering it looks like N6 is hosting the site. Nice touch N6. Did you go in and manuallly change the HTML or do u have friends at macromedia to. :wink: I'll be changing the Navbar so the order makes a little more sense.

Yes, I edited it myself. No help from higher powers required :lol: Let me know if you need some Mac Software from Adobe. I'll talk to Michael 8)

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
If everyone likes the oold style of navigating the site let me know and I'll send N6 the original layout.
Anyway it looks awesome N6. Everything really works well together.

I like the way it is. Tnx for the good work NM.

N6