Post subject: Domain name for this board
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:59 am 

It is cheap to get a domain name these days. The following are available:

REDEEMERINSANITY.COM
REDEEMERSUNITED (All extension)
FRAGTHEM.COM
SRAPONCE.com
SCHWANTZ.US

I also can setup a website with the same domain name pointing to Maximus for the bio's and to Herm for more server info. .

Go domain names?

N6

Post subject: Host?
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:10 am 

Hey N6 if you would like to just host the site all together I can just send you the whole dang site. Then just send you updated pages and images to you. It would pretty cool to have the site under the new domain name. Just a thought. Your not gonna hurt my feelings if your not down with it. Not only that but I know a lot of other guys are working on sites as well and I wouldnt wanna piss anyone off.
Love the Domian names by the way. All are pretty damn cool. Maybe you should just have everyone vote on them over on schwantz's forum.

Post subject: domain name
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:12 am 
Site Admin

I would prefer that we use something with redeemer in it.. The SRA and schwantz thing is getting passe.

i like the insanity thing

Schwantz

Post subject: Re: Host?
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:19 am 

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
Hey N6 if you would like to just host the site all together I can just send you the whole dang site. Then just send you updated pages and images to you. It would pretty cool to have the site under the new domain name. Just a thought. Your not gonna hurt my feelings if your not down with it. Not only that but I know a lot of other guys are working on sites as well and I wouldnt wanna piss anyone off.
Love the Domian names by the way. All are pretty damn cool. Maybe you should just have everyone vote on them over on schwantz's forum.

Maximus, yes I thought about that. We can have frames point to their site and it would be tranparent or I can host the whole thing.

BTW, I can can give you FTP access. Would'nt that be easier ?

N6

Post subject: Re: domain name
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:21 am 

schwantz wrote:
I would prefer that we use something with redeemer in it.. The SRA and schwantz thing is getting passe.

i like the insanity thing

Schwantz

I agree. I just HAD to have the Schwantz thing in there :lol:

N6

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:51 am 

Lets respect Rob's wishes and close the book on SRA.

I'm all for redeemerinsanity.com.

BTW boss can we still call you by your old screen name? Or do you want to be known by a new moniker?

retorp

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:55 am 

torpid wrote:
Lets respect Rob's wishes and close the book on SRA.

I'm all for redeemerinsanity.com.

BTW boss can we still call you by your old screen name? Or do you want to be known by a new moniker?

retorp

Yeah. redeemerinsanity.com sounds good to me too.

I might es well go and get it. Any thoughts? Screw democracy :lol:

Takes about 2 days and we can use it.

N6

Post subject: redeemerinsanity.com it is
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:27 pm 

Guys,

I just registered for redeemerinsanity.com

1) DNS setup is done. Untill it propagates use 128.242.106.179 as nameserver for testing.

2) I will need help with www.redeemerinsanity.com
Hey Maximus, are up for this?

N6

Post subject: Schwantz Moniker
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

Well I'll always be known as Schwantz but now I feel the freedom to experiment with others. I like JunkInTheTrunk and BishopBeater...

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

REDEEMER INSANITY FORUM (or DISCUSSION BOARD)

Sounds great N6. OK, we'll cut Schwantz a break and take his name out the lights this time, unless the name has anything to do with chicken-choking or monkey-spanking. Funnny thing is, though, that SRA lured a lot of German players over with the name "Schwanz" in the title. I guess now we'll attract a bunch of insane people or born-again-Christian types, LOL!

I think Maximus has a great idea of unifying everything under this domain name. The response time is a little sluggish, but you are going to be transferring this from your DSL to something wicked fast right? I can see this thing turning into a file-sharing hub too (although that could get the site shut down ...)!

I'm still not sure if EZboard can be exported. I've been searching around the control panel and help section. Schwantz, do you know anything about backing up and exporting the threads?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:16 pm 

Mahatma wrote:
REDEEMER INSANITY FORUM (or DISCUSSION BOARD)

Sounds great N6. OK, we'll cut Schwantz a break and take his name out the lights this time, unless the name has anything to do with chicken-choking or monkey-spanking. Funnny thing is, though, that SRA lured a lot of German players over with the name "Schwanz" in the title. I guess now we'll attract a bunch of insane people or born-again-Christian types, LOL!

I think Maximus has a great idea of unifying everything under this domain name. The response time is a little sluggish, but you are going to be transferring this from your DSL to something wicked fast right? I can see this thing turning into a file-sharing hub too (although that could get the site shut down ...)!

I'm still not sure if EZboard can be exported. I've been searching around the control panel and help section. Schwantz, do you know anything about backing up and exporting the threads?

Mah,

the "Schwantz" thing is what got me and Squirrely interested - he he.

I will start this weekend to move stuff over to my "wicket" fast machine at the co-location site. Gimme a couple of days.

There is plenty of disk space available for files, but links to maps and patches are just as fine.

I need help with the web site design and see if we can get some more users onto this board.

I can give DigiHutMike and Maximus or whoever needs it access to upload files. Both machines are LAMP servers (Linux-Apache-Mysql-PHP)

N6

Post subject: The co-located server is ready to rumble!
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:54 pm 

Mah,
All,

I moved all the stuff out to the co-location. Was easier to do than I thought. Now we just have to do the cutover when the nameservers are ready.

That should speed up things.

N6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet N6NU

No rush, since we have almost 2 weeks to make the transition. But hey, sooner is always better than later! Great work.

NM, MIke, and Torp all have graphix experience, so we shd just let the masters work. Jarg may be putting together the strategy page. It will be nice to get some unification/integration going with respect to design.

I still can't find any way to export EZboard stuff, and have a sinking feeling that they make it this way.

More later,

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:49 pm 

Wow! Excellent job N6; A friend and I actually thought about using phpBB @ work for a messaging system between raw materials and manufacturing(that is before my friend got canned), looks nice. Very good idea with unifing the whole thing under one URL;please put in my vote for www.redeemerinsanity.com, and pray to <insert deity here> that we never get slashdotted! I would like to move the server browser page to here, just to further consolidate things.Once again, thank you for your time and hard work!
DS

Post subject: Re: Awesome
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

SUn's corner would be:

Look Who's On First?
or
Which One of These Chumps Do You Want to Frag?

:lol: