It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: CG offline while having electical work done.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

That pretty much says it all. I'll have it back up tomorrow or tonight sometime.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:41 pm 

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll do some Monster Hunt then.

Have you tried the Monster Hunt mod out yet? I've been keeping an eye out for you on the servers. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:47 pm 

Nameless can you send me your download of your mod because every I try the I download COME UP MISTACH ON VERY SITE PLEASE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject: Nope
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't done it yet so don't look for me yet. I'll send you an email once I get it going and have a sec to play it. I do look forward to it big time. I love the monsters.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:25 am 

Ok Scify, I can do that, but if you got the same mod and the patch for it that I did from the site in South Africa, and the map pack from Japan, you have what I have.

I found that one of the servers has all of the Great Escape maps in a different version. I can't play those maps there, because I won't remove them and do slow downloads for his versions.

On one of the others, I get a Bpak error, whatever the heck that is, and can't play there either. But I suppose I could find out what Bpak is, and remove it then d/l the file from his machine.

Two mismatches I fixed were the dreaded de error, and the other turned out to be a music file (ARYX.umx) that I did a search for in my UT folder. I removed it and downloaded his version into my cache.

But if you wish I'll send you a copy of the mod and patch zip files. Just confirm your request, and they will be on their way. :)

-------
Ok Herm, I'll see you there! (Take note of the above, there's not a lot of conformity on the servers for monster hunt :( )

Post subject: Hmmm?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:08 am 
Site Admin

Then maybe a new Monster Hunt server is in order. Hmmmm! I think you have the best connection of all of us Nameless.....

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:12 am 

I send you pic. Nameless

Post subject: Re: Hmmm?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:16 am 

Hermskii wrote:
Then maybe a new Monster Hunt server is in order. Hmmmm! I think you have the best connection of all of us Nameless.....

Yea ! I can't remember if it was the One or Brutal Killer was trying to get me to try that mod too ! , but the downloads would be ruff on 56k :doubt: so that would be a good idea if this is something that you think that would go over , start a server for it ! :) at least part time on the weekends maybe Nameless ??

later ,

Iron Chef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:42 am 

THANK YOU FOR DOING THAT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:23 pm 

I suppose I could do that. I wonder if the old PII 300 is up to it?

I should ask my brother what he's going to do with all his left over parts. He's been upgrading computers like crazy at his place. He might have stuff I can make use of. 8)

Scify, I've looked at the pic you sent me. I've never seen that error. Did you apply the patch for the mod? I will send you a copy anyways, just in case you do need it. It's just a small file for your system folder, you drag 'n drop and overwrite and you're done. ;)

Iron Chef I'd be willing to burn a cd for you of the mod and its patch, and the map pack I downloaded from Japan, and send them to you if you think the package will get past Inland Security! :lol: Just PM me an address.
Or I can email you the mod and patch, but they come to 6.5 meg total. Does your ISP allow messages that large? The map pack is about 58 meg., so it will mean I send it to you, or you do an overnight download with a download manager. I think only one of the MH servers has download redirects, so the map pack is the way to go.

*Edit* There are two map packs at the Japanese website. One is 13.5 MB, but it only has a few maps. The correct one is 58 MB in size. But it has everything you will need in the way of maps, I'm sure. There are 78 in all. I haven't had to d/l any maps that aren't in this map pack yet.

Last edited by a nameless entity on Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, your PII 300 would get it done with no problems at all provided you use Win 2000 or better for your OS. Don't forget that for most of last year, CG ran on a Pentium classic 200Mhz without to much trouble at all. It was never the computers fault. It was always mine. CG on a Pentium I 200Mhz. Just imagine the greatness you could achieve with a PII 300Mhz!!! I'd do it myself but I am way too busy these days.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:46 pm 

According to Dell the most the machine will handle well is Win98SE. WindozeME was very iffy. I expect XP or 2000 would not work at all. Or maybe they would, but I can't afford to blow that kind of bread on an O/S.

Post subject: Hmmmm?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:15 am 
Site Admin

I have put XP on an Pentium I 233Mhz before with good results. Never ever use Windows ME. It is bad all the way. Hang in there nameless. We'll find a way...

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:33 am 

Why not run Linux? The price is right ...

N6NU

Post subject: Hmmm?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Damn N6NU! You're right and now you just reminded me that this is a program I want to try out too. Wish I had more time. What do you think Nameless? You up for it with Linux? Schwantz has a few good sites for Linux and how to manuals. I bet N6NU does too. Here is the only good one I know:

http://www.justlinux.com/

Hermskii,