It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fight night!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

Last night was a great night for BOXING. Vitali Klitschko destroyed Kirk Johnson in just 2 minutes and 54 secs of the second round. This solidifies him as the number one contender for the crown. Joe Mesi had a rough but fruitful night as well. He had to go the distance (10 rounds) to win a unanimous decision over his opponent. He finished with a badly swollen eye and a slightly deflated ego as he was nocked down for the first time in his undefeated 27+ fights. I scored the fight too and he won on my card but it was very close and I have to wonder what would have happened had it been for any kind of a title and it gone the additional two championship rounds. All championship fights in boxing can go up to 12 rounds. Last night was a 10 rounder and his opponent was catching up fast! Next weekend there are several more big fights to watch with one being a former heavy weight champion trying to get back into the mix. Rahman is his name and I predict right now that he will win. I don't like him at all but he's a good boxer if he prepares properly. You have to give him some credit....he did knock out our current world champ Lennox Louis (however you spell it).

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

Saw it, but blinked and almost missed it. Klitschko is one big guy. Johnson looked like he hadn't worked out in a few years.

Hey Herm, do you watch the UFC and Pride tournaments also?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:03 am 

i have seen a few of them mah but we dont get them very often in the UK there is a series on TV at the moment called ultimate worriors they are going through all the styles of fighting they started with the UFC and the gracie jujitsu and they are going all the way through to a fight outside a chipshop.
its good but i we want that UFC over here we have to buy it on DVD or Video :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Mike Tyson has signed a contract to fight in Pride next year, LOL! I think he'll be fighting Bob "The Beast" Sapp, a huge ex-NFL player. It's mixed martial arts, but ear-biting is still not allowed. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:52 am 

is that fixed as bad as w.w.e. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: