It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The rest of the maps from Unreal Playground
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:18 pm 

Ok, I've had a quick look at the 2nd half of the maps rated 70% or more over at Unreal Playground. Here follows my yes or no approval ratings (plus the odd comment) on whether or not I feel that they are suitable for redeemer arena.

Herm, I have included a notation of whether or not they are single file maps with a (s)
Two of the maps require the richrig texture file, and are very nice maps. Since it's been pointed out at many map sites that this texture is nearly ubiquitous, perhaps you should include this one at least in your textures folder, (if not more of the common ones) so that you aren't prevented from using some excellent maps. ;)

Incinerator (s) similar to DM Pressure, but not as nice. NOT recommended.

Indazcol somewhat different from the norm. Recommended.

Inthegetho recommended

Jantaz recommended

Lathairon recommended

Lostcity (s) a large map. Recommended.

Ls cavernous arena recommended

Ls dusty Looks to have been inspired by Tomb Raider the Last Revelation. A bit plain. I give this one a very tentative approval rating.

Mausoleum tight corridors and corner hallways with open areas. I didn't like it. NOT recommended.

Metallian even with bots it was insane. You guys will love it. ;) Recommended.

Mordred (s) Would not run in my game. Needed a file called "Galerie". :(

Mortescathedral (s) Recommended.

Nalicastle Ooops. Rated it by accident. This one isn't at Unreal Playground. It's the castle you see at the start of the game of Unreal 1, adapted for play in UT. A bit large, but cool. Let's play in it anyways! ;)

Nali Falls (s) The one I meant to look at. Waaaaaaayyyy too large! Immense is an understatement. NOT recommended.

Next Project Another insane map. Recommended.

Obscorus Interesting. Recommended.

Primary Colors (s) Another metallic factory map. Same old same old. But it works.

Resistor (s) I give this one a solid "maybe". :razz:

Resoulute NOT recommended.

Stand alone (only needs the richrig texture.) a bit large. Recommended.

Steam Depot Recommended.

Steelorb (s) Recommended.

Summit V2 and Summit V2 Ecliptic Two versions of the same map. Kidcapris sniper server ran the second one. Not recommended for redeemer arena, IMO.

Synthesis Tourney (s) Platforms in space. Ick. NOT recommended.

Tranquility (s) Uninteresting. Ugly. Unfinished looking. Plays worse. NOT recommended.

DM [Irene] (needs richrig texture) Played nicely. Recommended.

][iAs][Castle (s) Played rather well for a monstrously huge map. But might be a bit slow, like DM-Vocant. The more the merrier in this one. Tentatively recommended.

Perhaps I was in a better mood when I rated this batch, as there are many more winners than losers. :mrgreen:
In any event, I'm all done for now. I'll wait a few weeks or months before I bore you all with my map ratings again.

If you're lucky.

;)