It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: w32.klez
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:22 pm 

Just curious if anyone else is getting this little bugger. I appear to be getting it on a regular basis is my email. Of course it's a windows Virus so it isn't doing Shiat to my system but I was curious if anyone else has seen this bad boy or if perhaps I'm being targeted. I think perhaps this is one of those Virus' that attach themselves to someones address book and then sends itself out to all those in the address book. If it is someone here that is playing this game then by all means keep sending the files. i'm getting quite a giggle out of it. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think it's a joke.

I get sent this damn thing every few days. Good thing my Mac antivirus catches it on the way in. :lol:

Post subject: Klez
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Oh yeah. I know that virus well. I had to clean it off of a couple machines what seemed like about a month ago. There are so many virus that I've had to get off of people's machines that I can't remeber the story with this one but I know it was one of the top 10 bad ones this year.

If you need to know about a virus ever, I go to www.SARC.com and look them up in the virus ecyclopedia there. They always break them down for you there very well. Tha patch or manual removal instruction set is also always there. I love SARC. The have saved my friends butts plenty of times. I am always up to date on my PC so I never get these things usually. Last bad one I got was years ago. It was a nasty boot virus called NYBAdBoys and another called Empire MonkeyB. They were actually tough back then.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:00 pm 

Yeha I'm sure some of you guys have come across these little bastards. I just found it kind of odd because I never receive these types of emails and whamo I'm getting them everyday now. They're .exe files so they in no way affect my OS but I just wanted to see if you guys were getting these on a regular basis. Thank you gentlemen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:18 am 

I check my Norton AV for updates at least twice a week. The only virus I know I got in Email was the SirCam virus. It got to me via Barrie H.D., a dealership I've done business with. After almost opening it, the poor English in the opening line made me stop and check it out, thank goodness. It was cleverly enough done to almost get me though. Sly bastard. It looked like the dealer was sending me an Email about an upcoming sales event. :?
The McAfee v. 5.x I have on the old comp is supposed to catch viruses in email, but it never works properly. I should put this Norton on my old rig too I guess. Just never got around to it.

*edit*

I got the latest definitions for Norton on Wednesday, but after closing my browser I checked for updates again. Two available at Norton today, one requires a reboot. Time for a scan. :wink: :)

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:03 am 
Site Admin

Macafee totally sux. I had that 5.x engine too. What a giant piece of crap. Funny, I used to love Macafee through the 3 and 4 engines but it turned really bad on 5 and that was when I looked at Nortan's all fell in love with Nortan. Take Macafee off the old one and put norton on it. It will seem a lot faster after that . notice there is a icon for Norton Live Update in the control panel. Double click it. Change how you use live update to express mode and have it start auto matically. Now go back and run live update. It will pick up everything that was updated instead of just the virus data files. I don't know why that wasn't set as a default but it wasn't.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:05 pm 

I'm running Norton AV 2003. I don't have the options you are mentioning. But everything is set as (recommended), and works fine. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:52 pm 

my systems totally locked up i am usin norton internet security 2003 with everythin on recomended

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:15 pm 

I use PC-Cillin 2003 and I am very happy!!! Just humming along ...

www.antivirus.com

N6NU