It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: On an island
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Cg has been sharing a UPS with several other devices and I kept overloading it especially when I turned on the laser printer. Last night it did it again amd eveything crashed so finally, I got all the CG stuff by itself and plugged only it up so this crashing because I printed something is over. This also means that it will survive a power out where before it wasn't likely. I also found new firmware for my router! It's been upgraded twice since I last checked. I hope the update improves things for many of you as far as connection goes. One of the things they fixed was getting fragmented packets in the right order! I also turned down the server adds some so they only pop up every 35 seconds. It can only cycle 24 messages and replays on the last one until a new map starts. I did the math and the only way to even see the last message now is to play for 15 minutes which is set to be the max game time anyway. That's all I can think of to tell you folks right now. Peace out peeps!

Edit: Oh yeah, so now it's like CG is on it's island and that is a good thing.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Nice. Thanks for all your hard work on the server. You sure this isn't a full time job?

The server seemed very good tonight, although this afternoon was very laggy.

Post subject: Good deal.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

I don't have anything left to do to it at this point. The new maps that Nameless is finding is all that is left. I wish it was a job! That would be awesome. I'd love to get paid to try to find better ways to do this. I don't know wh it would have been laggy today unless it was from me using my cam to chat to people with. I imagine that takes some bandwidth too. I only have one network pipe so sometimes, that is going to happen I guess. There are 3 computers on that one pipe right now. Mine, wife's and the server. I'll get a much better line when I hit the lotto.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:11 am 

Location: UK, Coventry, (but I'm from Doncaster in S.yorkshire "best part of the UK".
yeah it went a bit laggy for some reason but the ping didnt go up, it was only for a short time, 2 min or so. but thanks for all the hard work herm.

PS free the weed.