It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:34 pm 

Oh, one more thing. Scify. Glad you were on the DOU server. Please come by sometime while I am there. I think you would enjoy it.
This invitation goes out to everyone. Jimm400 was there one day. Kicked my tail bad. It is AWESOME to see the redeemer folks there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:40 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Welcome to the Redeemer Insanity forum, Charger.
I was talking with another DOU member today. I can see why this is such a difficult issue. On the one hand, it is available to all. On the other, it defeats the purpose of the camping sniper game.
As I told the other player, and I will also let everyone know. I do not think it is a cheat, BUT I will not use it either.
For me, it is a matter of honor. I would not be happy knowing that I used this to win a game. Now if I could prove the OTHER team was using it, then things would be different. The best solution is a mod that disables this function. It could be set up on the DOU servers.

Does anyone know of a person that could produce this?

I agree to make voice packs or players skins etc improves the game to mod out the dark areas so you can see them does not improve the game at all, whats the point in playing a sniper camper match where the whole point is to hide in a dark corner and snipe only to use a mod which lightens the dark carners up hmmm i too hope someone can make something to stop this being used.

D.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:27 pm 

Exactly. The more I think about it, the more a mod would make sense. It would truely even out the playing field. There would be no question as to who is using it and who is not, as NO ONE could use it. The camping sniper game could be played as it is meant to be played.

Okay, does anyone know where I could post a question to modders out there to see if this is a possibility?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:26 pm 

I just went and got the map "Lost Canyons" a half hour ago. It is indeed very dark. At my usual gamma setting of 7/10 the shadows are very dark gray or black, and the walls that would otherwise be white in full daylight are deep shades of gray. On a map like this I can see how the game play would be ruined by someone using this "hack", as there is nowhere to hide really, except in the deep shadows.

Maybe if you ask Bigi nicely, he'd see what can be done about it? :colors:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:45 pm 

First thing did you get it to work.I so bad play snipper I realy couldn't tell .I like play fair but somebody use it not that fair.that why I was in there too. I try it .I was told that you can't do this on server.I couldn't get it to work. I redo words.Someone can do it on their computer three way do it. I will email How did I got to work for me. Two way I don't think can block.

Last edited by Scify on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:01 pm 

I was in there again try it out .
Who get it too work? I can't
I can't use over internet.
As show below
Here is I first time it with {DOU} Charger around egdes is on same map Charger and I play Lost cayon
click on Both picture it link bigger you can read writting
Some you know I don't much about computers.I like to play fair. If I can't anybody I don't want nobody see me.
I am not great player. I play Ut for fun.I don't care if I win or lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:15 pm 

Scify
The command must be entered before you join a server. try typing it in on the main screen where you choose the Multiplayer tab and it will work.
Also, the screenshots you provided for us before shows that particular map as lit up. It never looked like that before. It was all dark with very few light sources.
Those shots are proof that this is an exploit that does not need to be used in a fair match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:52 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Scify
The command must be entered before you join a server. try typing it in on the main screen where you choose the Multiplayer tab and it will work.
Also, the screenshots you provided for us before shows that particular map as lit up. It never looked like that before. It was all dark with very few light sources.
Those shots are proof that this is an exploit that does not need to be used in a fair match.

I agree with it not fair.
I don't know much about this" The command must be entered before you join a server. try typing it in on the main screen where you choose the Multiplayer tab and it will work"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:11 am 

Sorry for the confusion. Before you start to play the game, while on the main screen. It is the screen after the intro. Where you can choose options, multiplayer, mods etc. This is where you hit the ~ button to bring up the console. The value must be entered before you actually select a server to play on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:20 am 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. Before you start to play the game, while on the main screen. It is the screen after the intro. Where you can choose options, multiplayer, mods etc. This is where you hit the ~ button to bring up the console. The value must be entered before you actually select a server to play on.

that okay
U guy's know more about game than more me. I have keep note's herm or anyone esle has help me with UT. I when got new in 2003 computer problem I had game was crashing.
I will just stick find maps or help test maps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:34 am 

I've hung it up at DOU. Just so everyone knows it had nothing to do with the issue that was discussed on this thread.

Cyas on CG's!

-JB

Nevermore to grace the night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:12 am 

All is fair in love and war....lol
Actually I do think it's taking advantage of the system and your opponent. And I know we're all looking for that edge...but it doesn't make for a fair and honorable game...all played on an even level playing field. And it doesn't show talent where talent lies. It's like taking a knife to a gun fight...you're going to die.
Games should be won on skill and on a even level playing field and not by enhancements.....unless everyone is juicing.....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:27 am 

MEAT wrote:
Actually I do think it's taking advantage of the system and your opponent. And I know we're all looking for that edge...but it doesn't make for a fair and honorable game...all played on an even level playing field. And it doesn't show talent where talent lies. It's like taking a knife to a gun fight...you're going to die.
Games should be won on skill and on a even level playing field and not by enhancements.....unless everyone is juicing.....lol

Exactly.

Damn! Did I just agree with Meat?

-JB

Nevermore to grace the night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:53 pm 

Xerxes wrote:
MEAT wrote:

Exactly.

Damn! Did I just agree with Meat?

-JB

Yes you did and same for me too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:26 pm 

set levelinfo brightness 15
Not that I would ever try it...but am I spelling it correctly...lol