It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:10 am 

WoHo first post! I'll have to wait for the demo to come out just to see if my poor computer can handle it. Good thing I'm building a new one :). Hope a mac demo is on the way too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:43 pm 

Herm ! You can't have a war between Intel and AMD because there's no contest. AMD RULES, ATHLON 64 for ever! :lol:

And Yes ! That is the wife and I in the photo ( Avatar ). Down at Disney World ( of course ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:57 pm 

Yeow! The game is $69.99 at Best Buy up here! Nfw I can or am willing to pay that! :o :( :(

Post subject: Talk about tweaking the hell of out something.....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:14 am 

Man oh Man......this game will straight up scare the crap out of ya! Haven't jumped this much since the first Resident Evil popped up on the playstation 1 forever and a day ago. Went over and checked the game out at Death's house and was totally blown away how well it looked on his system. He has a Athlon 64 (think its a 3200) with the ole 9700 AIW and I was simply in AWE! Never messed with a game like this that actually made you feel you were holding that little flashlight scared shiotless to step thru that next doorway not knowing if you would be safe or having 3 zombies, 2 flame throwning demons or some crazy looking floating flaming head flying down a hallway at ya. Talk about intense!!!!

We found a no CD patch for it so he told me to take it home to see how well my little 1.8 would run the thing with my new 9800 pro I picked up a few months ago. Took me about 2 days of tweaking everything to finally get it at a place I could stand the frame rate but yet still look at most of the eye candy.

With a 1.8 P4, 512 PC2700 ram and a 9800 pro I could run pretty much any resolution but I had to run it at 640X480 on low detail with all but the bump map stuff turned off. This netted the best performance for me and didn't hurt all the visuals too bad. Still tho even at those lowly settings the game is still fun as hell (no pun intended).

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

LOL kid. Cool.

I remember having nightmares of video games, even of redeemers, because I played for too long late at night.

This one sounds like a real challenge, but I'll have to wait until I can buy it for $20 at Costco! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:15 pm 

Mahatma wrote:
LOL kid. Cool.

I remember having nightmares of video games, even of redeemers, because I played for too long late at night.

This one sounds like a real challenge, but I'll have to wait until I can buy it for $20 at Costco! :lol:

Save you money buy some very nice Jewerly.My sister last month .Got very nice 14k gold ring with 3 k Mytic fire topaz
Image something like this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:02 pm 

Mahatma wrote:

Silent Hill comes to mind for me. I still can't sleep at night. Can't wait to see what Doom 3 has to offer.

Post subject: Silent Hill?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

What is Silent Hill? The game that gave me nightmares was Clive Barker's "Undying". Not dreams about the game so much as just bad dreams. Everyone I let play it said the same too. Feaky game that one is.

Hermskii,

Post subject: Doom 3 Frame rates
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:48 pm 

Hey , Jarg , Kid ........ what kind of frame rates did you get out of your different setups ?? I had the game in my hands today , but not crazy about spending $55.00 on a game that I'm not sure will run well.

Iron Chef

Last edited by {§ÎR}à on Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Good Question.....not sure tho
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:11 am 

Hey Chef......here is my experience with the game.

Finally after messing with every setting in the book it seemed like i can playing it with 800X600 low detail with at least the bump map texture stuff on without looking like your playing a slide show. I have not run the timedemo or turned the FPS things on built into doom yet but if I had to take a guess I would say I'm at least in the 30's. I think the only thing that is actually holding me back from turning on more stuff just so happens to be my processor. I think pretty much anything over 2 ghz P4 or equal version for AMD along with at least 512 on the ram side and 9600 pro or better and you would not have any difficulties. I know you have a good video card and at least 512 worth of ram but couldn't remember what processor you said you have. I think you will be fine tho.

Just finished kicking the devil's arse (guess that was him.....if not ya could have fooled me) last night (beat the game). Talk about tough! The whole game from beginning to end ran about 15-17 hours worth of gameplay and needless to say I will be starting over to see what all I missed the first time thru and maybe even bump the difficulty up a notch since I was playing in wussy mode - recruit.

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:50 pm 

On my system @ 800x600 with ALL eyecandy turned on and 4x AA, I get pretty solid framerates of 30-60 fps. I know you have a 9800 pro, but what is your processor, Chef?
*EDIT*
I FRAPSed it on the 2.4 9600 system with all eyecandy but no AA.
Still very playable, but more drops in framerate. 20-60. I can not stress how AWESOME this game looks. You need to see it in person to appreciate it, as screen shots do not do it justice.
2nd EDIT
I do not advocate that anyone do this, but here is a page that list a torrent for Doom 3.
3rd EDIT
It may help if I post the link... DOH!
http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/view_18164

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:31 pm 

Pardon my ignorence here, but what exactly is a "torrent"?

:?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:33 pm 

it that CBP or was Choas file I email u that time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:05 pm 

Glider asked:
Quote:
...what exactly is a "torrent"?

BitTorrent is a P2P program, kind of like Kazaa. You can read about it at the link below.

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/introduction.html

You can download almost any file or program with BitTorrent. I do not use it, but I thought that some on the forum might.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:19 pm 

I have post it to long time ago.I think it work great all those 56k moden poeple it wont take them hours download huge down load.I see 219,000k into 19 k file.Some of Ut2k4 file file are use them now.